Avondale has a friendly and thriving junior section for all abilities with over 250 school-age members from the age of 8 upwards, and is proud to be Clubmark accredited.
- There is a thriving Mini tennis programme for ages 4-9yrs, including coaching groups and competitions.
- Junior coaching takes place on Saturday mornings from 8.45am onwards based on age and ability, plus after-school coaching groups in the week and junior performance squads by invitation only.
- Junior social sessions take place on Monday nights.Details for summer 2019
- Boys’, Girls’ and Mixed teams play in local and county leagues throughout the year.
- Summer tournament for all junior members with singles and doubles events for Under 10s, Under 12s, Under 15s and Under 18s, plus regular matchplay competitions.
- Tennis Leaders’ Award run yearly for junior members aged 14yrs+ for those wishing to assist in the running of Mini Tennis lessons. Competition Organisers’ Course available for junior members aged 14yrs+ for those wishing to help in the organisation of club tournaments.
- The club runs Easter, Summer and Half Term holiday Juniors Tennis and Mini Tennis courses.
Links to Coaching Information
- For Holiday Courses click here
- For Junior, Mini and when available Tots Courses click here
- For Term dates and costs click here
- For Tennis Leader Awards click here
- For Coaching Cancellation Policy click here
- For Enquiries & Bookings contact Zana Fletcher,
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org,
Tel No : 07914 822 724
- For a description of Progression Pathways for a young player, click here
Information for Junior Members, and their parents
If you would like a print-out about Juniors at Avondale, please click here for our information pamphlet. (Note : this is intended to be folded as a pamphlet. This means when it is viewed on screen, the pages are not in sequence. If you wish to make a print-out, it is best to choose double-sided printing so it can be folded into its pamphlet format)
Junior Social play
Junior Social night 6.00pm-8.00pm and is open to all juniors from the age of 9. Non-members are required to pay a £3.00 visitors fee.The ball machine and speed gun will be on court on Monday from 6.30 but there will still be courts available for ‘free play’.
Family drills will take place from 7.00pm-8.00pm. To participate in this the junior player/member is required to bring along an adult member of their family to partner with – the adult does not need to be a member but will be required to pay the visitor’s fee.