Avondale has a friendly and thriving junior section for all abilities with over 250 school-age members from the age of 8 upwards, and is proud to be Clubmark accredited.
- There is a thriving Mini tennis programme for ages 4-9yrs, including coaching groups and competitions.
- Junior coaching takes place on Saturday mornings from 8.45am onwards based on age and ability, plus after-school coaching groups in the week and junior performance squads by invitation only.
- Boys’, Girls’ and Mixed teams play in local and county leagues throughout the year.
- Summer tournament for all junior members with singles and doubles events takes place in August. Details to be circulated nearer the time.
- Tennis Leaders’ Award run yearly for junior members aged 14yrs+ for those wishing to assist in the running of Mini Tennis lessons.
- The club runs Easter, Summer and Half Term holiday Juniors Tennis and Mini Tennis courses.
Links to Coaching Information
- For Holiday Courses click here
- For Junior, Mini and when available Tots Courses click here
- For Term dates and costs click here
- For Tennis Leader Awards click here
- For Coaching Cancellation Policy click here
- For Enquiries & Bookings contact Zana Fletcher,
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org,
Tel No : 07914 822 724
- For a description of Progression Pathways for a young player, click here
Family drills take place on Mondays from 7.00pm-8.00pm. To participate in this the junior player/member brings along an adult member of their family as their partner – the adult does not need to be a member and will be asked to pay the visitor’s fee.